• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offered Perm Role But Want To Negotiate Outside IR35 Role 

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After spending all day in Excel and working out the tax paid on this extra 100K I ve concluded I cannot take this job as more than half goes to the tax man.
    I read this that you'd rather earn a 100% of nothing instead of 50% of £100k - each to their own :-)

Comment

It's hard to answer Q1 because contract rates don't align with perm salaries really. You have your standard technical role which is around 60k perm and 500 day rate.. so you'd think 100k perm would be like 850 a day but it's probably not that high. What day rate would it be? depends on industry, role, company and how easy/hard of a time are they having finding somebody. They could still be trying to get someone as cheap as 500 or even offer as high as 1000+.

I'm not greedy I'd probably ask for like 700 or 750 in your situation.. but as already mentioned your chances of pulling this off are pretty low.

Comment

Working...
      X